Tuesday, September 27, 2022
1:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. Eastern
12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m. Central
11:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Mountain
10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. Pacific
In the fifth installment of our 2022 Trade Secrets Webinar Series, our team will cover recent legal developments and trends in Texas trade secret and non-compete law and how it is similar to and diverse from other jurisdictions. This CLE webinar will also cover how these developments impact counseling, litigation, and deals involving companies with employees based in Texas.
Seyfarth attorneys Jesse Coleman, Matt Simmons, and Kevin Green will discuss:
- How to define and understand trade secrets in Texas, including recent legal developments regarding the protection of ideas and confidential information
- Texas’s policy on employee non-compete provisions and recent cases addressing non-compete, non-solicitation, and no hire agreements
- How to effectively protect trade secrets and conduct trade secret investigations
- Recent cases regarding alleged bad faith prosecution of trade secret claims
- How forum selection, choice-of-law, and arbitration clauses may affect non-compete and non-disclosure agreements
- Effectively utilizing non-compete and other restrictive covenants in business deals in Texas
If you have any questions, please contact Colleen Vest at firstname.lastname@example.org and reference this event.
This webinar is accredited for CLE in CA, IL, NJ, and NY. Credit will be applied for as requested for TX, GA, WA, NC and VA. The following jurisdictions may accept reciprocal credit with these accredited states, and individuals can use the certificate they receive to gain CLE credit therein: AZ, CT, NH. The following jurisdictions do not require CLE, but attendees will receive general certificates of attendance: DC, MA, MD, MI, SD. For all other jurisdictions, a general certificate of attendance and the necessary materials will be issued that can be used in other jurisdictions for self-application. Please note that attendance must be submitted within 10 business days of the program taking place. If you have questions about jurisdictions, please email CLE@seyfarth.com. CLE credit for this recording expires on September 26, 2023.