Wednesday, June 22, 2021
1:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. Eastern
12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m. Central
11:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Mountain
10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. Pacific
In this fourth installment of our 2021 Trade Secrets Webinar Series, our team will cover recent legal developments in Texas trade secret and non-compete law and how it is similar to and diverse from other jurisdictions. The webinar will also cover how these latest developments impact counseling, litigation, and deals involving companies with employees based in Texas.
The panel will discuss:
- How to define and understand trade secrets in Texas, including recent legal developments regarding the protection of ideas and confidential information
- Texas’s policy on employee non-compete provisions and recent cases addressing non-compete, non-solicitation, and no hire agreements
- How to effectively protect trade secrets and conduct trade secret investigations
- Recent cases regarding alleged bad faith prosecution of trade secret claims
- How forum selection, choice of law and arbitration clauses may affect non-compete and non-disclosure agreements
- Effectively utilizing non-compete and other restrictive covenants in business deals in Texas
If you have any questions, please contact Colleen Vest at email@example.com and reference this event.
This webinar is accredited for CLE in CA, IL, NJ, and NY. Credit will be applied for as requested for TX, GA, WA, NC, FL and VA. The following jurisdictions accept reciprocal credit with these accredited states, and individuals can use the certificate they receive to gain CLE credit therein: AZ, CT, ME, NH. The following jurisdictions do not require CLE, but attendees will receive general certificates of attendance: DC, MA, MD, MI, SD. For all other jurisdictions, a general certificate of attendance and the necessary materials will be issued that can be used in other jurisdictions for self-application. If you have questions about jurisdictions, please email CLE@seyfarth.com.