On Wednesday, July 25, Seyfarth Shaw partners J. Scott Humphrey and Justin K. Beyer are presenting webinars for myLawCLE.
Scott Humphrey is presenting “Protecting Confidential Information & Client Relationships in the Financial Services Industry” webinar on July 25, 10 a.m. – 12 p.m. Eastern. The webinar will focus on the following topics:
- What are (and are not) considered trade secrets in the financial services industry
- Types of restrictive covenants and which covenants are most likely to be enforceable in court and before FINRA
- Practical steps financial institutions can implement to protect trade secrets and client relationships
- What to do if your trade secrets are improperly removed or disclosed, or if a former employee is violating his/her restrictive covenant agreements
- How to prosecute or defend a case against a former employee who is a FINRA member
- The impact of the Protocol for Broker Recruiting on trade secrets and client relationships
For more information or to register for “Protecting Confidential Information & Client Relationships in the Financial Services Industry” webinar, click here.
Justin Beyer is presenting “The Anatomy of a Trade Secret Audit” webinar on July 25, 2 p.m. – 4 p.m. Eastern. The webinar will focus on the following topics:
- Identifying trade secrets and secrecy protections
- Effective secrecy protections, including employment and non-compete agreements
- Effective hiring and termination protocols, including effective exit interviews and termination protocols
- Employing a comprehensive approach and trade secret protection plan
- Managing and working to protect computer-stored data, including responding to emergency issues related to computer fraud and security breaches
For more information or to register for “The Anatomy of a Trade Secret Audit” webinar, click here.