On March 1–2, 2018, five Seyfarth attorneys will be attending the American Intellectual Property Law Association’s annual Trade Secret Law Summit in San Diego, California, one of the preeminent events for trade secret practitioners in the nation. Erik Weibust is on the planning committee for the Summit and will be moderating a panel entitled “The Ethics of Law Firm Cybersecurity,” featuring Seyfarth’s own John Tomaszewski; National Litigation Department chair Kate Perrelli will be participating in a facilitated discussion regarding various problems all trade secret and noncompete practitioners face; and Seyfarth attorneys Dawn Mertineit and Eric Barton will be in attendance as well. Other topics will include:
- The Trade Secret Landscape
- Trade Secrets and Noncompetes, with a focus on the California conundrum
- Professors Panel
- The DTSA—Was it worth it?
- The FBI—What is the threat?
- The International Dimension and Extraterritoriality
- Corporate Best Practices
- Judges Panel
- A case study of Waymo v. Uber
Please join us at the Trade Secret Law Summit! Register here.