On Thursday, November 21, 2013, at 12:00 p.m. Central, Chicago Seyfarth attorneys Paul Freehling, Scott Humphrey, and Jeffrey Swatzell will present the eleventh installment in our 2013 Trade Secrets webinar series. This webinar will involve a discussion about steps and responses companies can take when their confidential information and/or trade secrets appear, or are threatened to appear, on the internet.
The topics that will be covered include:
- Is the information really confidential and/or a trade secret?
- Suing the internet service provider.
- Seeking to block further access to posting and the possibility of shutting down the website.
- Special problems that can arise when attempting to obtain the identification of the person(s) responsible for the misappropriation, and how to handle these problems.
- Best practices for initiating litigation against the person(s) who misappropriated the confidential information.
There is no cost to access this program, however, registration is required.
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
*CLE credit is available. Seyfarth has applied for CLE credit in IL, NY, and CA. If you would like us to pursue CLE credit in any additional states, please contact email@example.com. Please note that in order to receive full credit for attending this webinar, the registrant must be present for the entire session.