Seyfarth partner and co-chair of the Trade Secrets, Computer Fraud & Non-Competes practice group is presenting at Sandpiper Partners’ “Trade Secrets Theft: Civil Litigation and Criminal Prosecution” panel on December 2.
The program brings together judges, in-house counsel, and outside lawyers from across the country. Attendees will learn about the following topics:
- Overview of trade secret law
- Trade secret protective measures
- What to do when there’s been a theft or one is suspected?
- Avoiding being accused of misappropriation
- Criminal or civil enforcement or both?
- Choice of forum
- Types/sources of evidence
- Identifying and protecting trade secrets in litigation
- Discovery in trade secret cases
- Judicial observations on provisional relief and evidentiary hearings in a pandemic
- Judicial observations on successful trial strategies in civil trade secret cases, generally and in the age of COVID-19
- Criminal prosecution of trade secrets theft