On Thursday, May 28, 2015 at 12:00 p.m. Central, in the fourth installment of our 2015 Trade Secret Webinars, Seyfarth attorneys John Tomaszewski, Eric Barton and Joshua Salinas will address the relationship between trade secrets, social media, and privacy.
The Seyfarth panel will specifically address the following topics:
- Defining, understanding, and protecting trade secrets in social media, including a deeper dive into how courts are interpreting ownership of social media accounts and whether social media sites constitute property and preventing trade secret misappropriation or distribution through social media channels.
- Discussing the National Labor Relations Board’s treatment of employer social media policies, whether it applies to you, and what steps should be taken to avoid potential penalties for violating NLRB rulings.
- Analyzing judicial treatment of ownership of social media handles, pages, and accounts, and how developing internal company policy and/or contracts can obviate expensive litigation.
- Discussion and analysis of recent and proposed employee privacy legislation, and how it may impact policies dictating mandatory turnover of social networking passwords and employee privacy concerns.
- Addressing cyberbullying in social media by employees, particularly where there is a disclosure of trade secrets or confidential information.
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.
Registration: there is no cost to attend this program, however, registration is required.
*CLE Credit for this webinar has been awarded in the following states: CA, IL, NJ and NY. CLE Credit is pending for GA, TX and VA. Please note that in order to receive full credit for attending this webinar, the registrant must be present for the entire session.