Date: Wednesday, October 6, 2010
9:00 am – 10:00 am Pacific
10:00 am – 11:00 am Mountain
11:00 am – 12:00 pm Central
12:00 pm – 1:00 pm Eastern
The fifth webinar of the 2010 series will focus on non-compete and trade secret considerations from an international perspective. The webinar will involve a discussion of non-compete and trade secret issues in Europe and Asia, including the threats to trade secrets and confidential information in these regions. The similarities and differences in approach among the various jurisdictions will be touched upon and compared to the United States. This webinar will provide valuable insight for companies who compete in the global economy and must navigate the legal landscape in these regions and ensure protection of their trade secrets.
Our team will discuss:
- Overview of non-compete and trade secret law in selected European and Asian countries, including a discussion of the impact of a forum’s legal system.
- Drafting considerations for confidential/trade secret protection and non-compete agreements as well as appropriate policies in these regions, along with a discussion of sources of protection other than written agreements and policies.
- Comparison of similarities and differences of non-compete and trade secret law in these regions and the United States.
- Enforcement mechanisms, including arbitration, remedies, as well as forum issues.
- Jurisdictions discussed will include China (including Hong Kong), India, France, Germany, Australia, the UK, Spain, Japan and Taiwan.
For questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and reference this event.