3:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. Eastern
2:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. Central
1:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. Mountain
12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m. Pacific
Join Seyfarth attorneys Dean Fanelli, Dawn Mertineit, and Kate Perrelli, along with in-house counsel Julie McCarthy, General Counsel and Vice-President of Legal Genomics Institute of the Novartis Research Foundation, for a webinar about defining and protecting trade secrets in the pharmaceutical industry.
Even in “normal” times, pharmaceutical companies can easily spend in excess of $1 billion for the discovery and development of a new pharmaceutical product. Trade secrets are an invaluable intangible asset that, in conjunction with a pharmaceutical company’s patents and trademarks, form the foundation of a company’s overall intellectual property strategy. In a world racing to find an effective and safe vaccine for COVID-19 (as well as in the midst of R&D on other products/therapies), while simultaneously having a substantial portion of the workforce working from home, the stakes are even higher. Proper implementation of a sound trade secret strategy at an early stage is essential for both large and small pharmaceutical companies to protect their confidential proprietary information, especially in light of the current pandemic and in preparation for any future pandemics.
The panel will address the following topics, among others:
- Defining and understanding trade secrets in the pharmaceutical market, including how federal and state trade secrets statutes and decisions may impact the protection of trade secrets
- How work from home policies and “return to work” plans can increase risk, and best practices for protection of trade secrets in light of these risks
- How best to protect trade secrets in light of increased collaboration and competition in the fight against COVID-19
- The in-house counsel perspective on protection of trade secrets in light of the current pandemic
- Our panel has significant experience advising clients in the pharmaceutical industry on trade secret issues, litigating trade secret cases, and drafting protection agreements
If you have any questions, please contact Colleen Vest at email@example.com and reference this event.
*CLE Credit for this webinar is approved in the following states: CA, IL, NJ, and NY. CLE Credit is pending for GA, TX, and VA. Credit will be applied for, but cannot be guaranteed, in all other eligible jurisdictions. Please note that in order to receive full credit for attending each webinar, the registrant must be present for the entire session.