The risk of trade secret theft to businesses has increased in recent years, with greater employee mobility between companies, the alarming frequency of targeted data theft attacks, and the explosion of social media and cloud computing. Companies cannot simply react to these real business risks to their data after the data is compromised. By then, it’s too late.
To address these recurrent issues, Seyfarth Shaw helps clients protect their important assets and effectively manage risk by conducting trade secret audits. Our experience has shown that companies gain tremendous value by taking a proactive, systematic approach to assessing and protecting their trade secret portfolios through a Trade Secret Audit. In Seyfarth’s third installment in its 2018 Trade Secrets Webinar Series, Seyfarth attorneys Kate Perrelli, Dawn Mertineit, Justin Beyer, and Andrew Stark will cover the following topics:
- Identifying trade secrets and secrecy protections
- Effective secrecy protections, including employment and non-compete agreements
- Effective hiring and termination protocols, including effective exit interviews and termination protocols
- Employing a comprehensive approach and trade secret protection plan
- Managing and working to protect computer-stored data, including responding to emergency issues related to computer fraud and security breaches