On Thursday, February 2, at 12:00 p.m. Central, Seyfarth attorneys Robert Milligan, Michael Wexler, and Daniel Joshua Salinas will present 2016 National Year In Review: What You Need to Know About the Recent Cases/Developments in Trade Secrets, Non-Compete, and Computer Fraud Law.
In Seyfarth’s first installment of its 2017 Trade Secrets Webinar series, Seyfarth attorneys will review noteworthy cases and other legal developments from across the nation over the last year in the areas of trade secrets and data theft, non-competes and other restrictive covenants, and computer fraud. Plus, they will provide their predictions for what to watch for in 2017.
The Seyfarth panel will address the following topics:
- Significant new federal and state court decisions and legislation on non-compete and other restrictive covenants that may impact their enforcement, including concerns regarding adequate consideration for agreements;
- The Obama Administration’s 2016 report on noncompetes and efforts by government agencies and employees to challenge and narrow the use of noncompetes;
- The recently enacted Defend Trade Secrets Act, its early cases, and tips for navigating the new law and updating trade secret protection agreements to comply with the statute;
- Practical implications of new legislation limiting the use of forum selection and choice of law provisions in employment contracts;
- Recent developments regarding the ITC’s extraterritorial authority for trade secret disputes; and
- Noteworthy data breaches and criminal prosecutions and criminal sentences for trade secret misappropriation, data theft, and computer fraud and discussion of lessons learned.
Please join us for this informative webinar.