On Tuesday, June 21, 2016 at 12:00 p.m. Central, Seyfarth attorneys, John Skelton, James Yu and Dawn Mertineit will present the seventh installment of the 2016 Trade Secrets Webinar series. This program will focus on protecting a franchisor’s trade secrets, confidential information, and goodwill through the use of covenants against competition.
The Seyfarth panel will specifically address the following topics:
- The scope of protectable interests (for both the Franchisor and the Franchisee) in the franchise relationship and with respect to the franchise operating system.
- Enforcement considerations for the franchisee when onboarding and terminating employees and for the franchisor with respect to terminated or withdrawing franchisees.
- State non-compete laws and legislation and other state specific nuances.
- Enforcing in-term and post-term non-compete provisions in the franchise context.
- Lessons to be learned from recent non-compete decisions.
Our panel of attorneys have significant experience advising franchise, dealer, and distributor clients on protecting their brands, trade secrets, and other intellectual property, including litigating trade secret cases, drafting protection agreements, and conducting trade secret audits.