On Thursday, November 19, 2015 at 12:00 p.m. Central, Seyfarth attorneys John Skelton, Erik Weibust and Anne Dunne will present the ninth and final installment of its 2015 Trade Secrets Webinar series, Seyfarth attorneys will focus on how to implement and enforce covenants against competition in the franchise context. A franchisor’s trade secrets, confidential information, and goodwill are often among its core assets, and implementing and enforcing covenants against competition are a common, and effective, means of protecting such business interests.
The Seyfarth panel will specifically address the following topics:
- The basic requirements of an enforceable covenant against competition.
- The importance of covenants against competition are important in the franchise context.
- What constitutes a protectable interest in the franchise context?
- What is a reasonable restriction to place on franchisees, both in-term and post-term?
- State specific nuances and particularities.
Our panel consists of attorneys with significant experience advising franchise, dealer, and distributor clients on protecting their brands, trade secrets, and other intellectual property, including litigating trade secret cases, drafting protection agreements, and conducting trade secret audits.
There is no cost to attend this program, however, registration is required.
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.
*CLE Credit for this webinar has been awarded in the following states: CA, IL, NJ and NY. CLE Credit is pending for GA, TX and VA. Please note that in order to receive full credit for attending this webinar, the registrant must be present for the entire session.