Significant recent developments in Illinois and other states, as well as Congress, have changed the landscape of trade secret and restrictive covenant enforcement and protection. Understanding the impact of these changes, and the tools now available to employers for trade secret and restrictive covenant enforcement and protection, will help a company safeguard its most valuable assets and maintain its competitive advantage over competitors.
On Thursday, May 15th at 8:00 a.m. CST, the Chicago office is hosting a Breakfast Briefing entitled “Protecting Your Most Valuable Assets – Trade Secrets, IP and Your Employees.” Attorneys J. Scott Humphrey, Molly M. Joyce, Jason P. Stiehl and Michael D. Wexler will discuss significant recent developments in restrictive covenant and trade secrets law, as well as “best practices” for protecting your company’s most valuable assets — trade secrets, intellectual property and employees.
The program will include a focus on key issues and practical responses, including:
- A review and discussion of Fifield v. Premier — the recent Illinois Appellate decision that attempts to change longstanding Illinois law on the consideration that must be given to an employee in order to enforce a restrictive covenant.
- What to do when your new hire is bound by a restrictive covenant agreement.
- Analysis of real-world situations where former employees have attempted to loot the company’s employees and confidential information and take them to a competitor.
- Methods to protect confidential information and intellectual property.
- How to respond when employees leave or take trade secret information.
There is no cost to attend but registration is required and seating is limited. Members of the general counsel’s office, HR professionals, corporate executives, risk managers, and directors are invited to attend.