To accommodate our global audience, Seyfarth’s eighth installment in its 2013 Trade Secrets Webinar Series will be available as an on-demand broadcast this month! On Tuesday, August 27, 2013, Seyfarth attorneys Dominic Hodson, Wan Li, and Robert Milligan will discuss non-compete and trade secret issues in China, including best practices to protect trade secrets and confidential information in the country. The similarities and differences in approach among China and other Asian countries, jurisdictions, or provinces will be touched upon and compared to the United States. This webinar will provide valuable insight for companies who compete in the global economy and must navigate the legal landscape in these regions and ensure protection of their trade secrets and confidential information, including the effective use of non-compete and non-disclosure agreements.
Topics of discussion will include:
- Standards for enforceability of non-compete and non-disclosure agreements in China, including recent case discussion
- Standards for protecting trade secret and confidential information in China including an overview remedies, court administration, and typical time line
- Practical considerations for U.S. companies and multi-national companies doing business in China to effectively protect their trade secrets and confidential information
- Comparison to other Asian countries, jurisdictions, or provinces regarding non-compete and trade secret considerations
- Challenges that U.S. companies face in pursuing trade secret and non-compete claims against foreign individuals and companies in the U.S., including discussion of ITC actions, the Economic Espionage Act, and a recent case discussion.
If you have specific questions relating to this topic that you would like our speakers to address during the on-demand broadcast, please submit to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 20, 2013. Questions submitted after August 20, 2013 will be answered by email.
The on-demand broadcast will be available on August 27, 2013 at 9:00 a.m. Central; 10:00 p.m. Asia/Shanghai.
There is no cost to access this broadcast, however, registration is required.
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.
*CLE credit is available. Seyfarth has applied for CLE credit in IL, NY, and CA. If you would like us to pursue CLE credit in any additional states, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that in order to receive full credit for attending this webinar, the registrant must be present for the entire session.