Illinois and Federal laws have evolved significantly in recent years and as a result employers now have many tools available to protect themselves. Understanding these tools, as well as the impact of legal changes in this area, is necessary if a company intends on protecting its most valuable assets (i.e. trade secrets, IP and employees).
Please join us for an informative breakfast briefing on Wednesday, February 13, 2013 at our offices in Chicago, Illinois, as we discuss recent developments in restrictive covenant and trade secrets law and suggest “best practices” in the hiring and termination of employees to assure your company’s information is protected.
We will specifically discuss the following topics:
- A review and discussion of Reliable Fire v. Arredondo – the landmark Illinois Supreme Court case that changed the analysis of restrictive covenants in Illinois and other recent developments in restrictive covenant and trade secrets law.
- What to do when your new hire is bound by a restrictive covenant agreement.
- Analysis of real-world situations where former employees have attempted to loot the company’s employees and confidential information and take them to a competitor.
- Methods to protect confidential information and intellectual property.
- How to respond when employees leave or take trade secret information.
There is no cost to attend but registration is required and seating is limited. *CLE credit is available.
The breakfast briefing will take place from 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. c.s.t. at Seyfarth’s Chicago office: 131 S. Dearborn Street, Suite 2400, Chicago, Illinois 60603.
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and reference this event.
*CLE: Seyfarth has applied for CLE credit in IL, NY, and CA. If you would like us to pursue CLE credit in any additional states, please contact email@example.com. Please note that in order to receive full credit for attending this breakfast briefing, the registrant must be present for the entire session.