Social media and related issues in the workplace can be a headache for employers. There is no denying that social media has transformed the way that companies conduct business. In light of the rapid evolution of social media, companies today face significant legal challenges on a variety of issues, ranging from employee privacy and protected activity to data practices, identity theft, cybersecurity, and protection of intellectual property.
On September 28th at 12:00 p.m. Central, in Seyfarth’s fifth installment in its Trade Secrets Webinar Series, Seyfarth attorneys Justin Beyer, Ryan Behndleman, and Dawn Mertineit will discuss the relationship between trade secrets and social media.
The panel will specifically address the following topics:
- The interplay between social media privacy laws and workplace investigations and how developing internal company policy and/or contracts can protect company assets
- Defining, understanding, and protecting trade secrets in social media
- How courts are interpreting ownership of social media accounts and whether social media sites constitute property
- How to prevent trade secret misappropriation or distribution through social media channels
- The interplay between protection of company information and ownership of company accounts in the social media age
Please join us for this informative webinar.