In Seyfarth’s next installment in its series of 2013 Trade Secret Webinars, on Wednesday, February 20, 2013, at 12:00 p.m. Central Standard Time, Seyfarth attorneys Jim McNairy, Mark Hansen and Justin Beyer will address the role that trade secrets play in the telecommunications industry. The Seyfarth panel will specifically address the following topics:
- What information qualifies as trade secret
- The information types most likely to qualify as trade secret within the telecommunication industry
- Trade secret misappropriation: what is it and how does it happen
- Particular risks posed to trade secrets held by telecom companies: cyber and social media threats
- Best practices for protecting trade secret information and preventing misappropriation in the telecom industry, including how to best address the sometimes competing concerns related to employee mobility and privacy
- Issues related to maintaining confidentiality in court filings, third party relationships, and interactions with the government
- How recent amendments to the Economic Espionage Act and other action by the federal government may help telecom companies better protect their trade secrets
There is no cost to attend this program, however, registration is required.
*CLE credit is available. Seyfarth has applied for CLE credit in IL, NY, and CA. If you would like us to pursue CLE credit in any additional states, please contact email@example.com. Please note that in order to receive full credit for attending this webinar, the registrant must be present for the entire session.